Thursday 26 May 2011

My Three Year Crush

I believe everyone has had a crush at some point, but I wont be far from the truth if I say I haven't really crushed on anyone. The reason is that fortunately, every guy I may have had a crush on always has a crush on me too, hence I never have to go through the pain and torture of fantasizing over him and hoping that one day he will notice me and eventually talk to me. So this is what happens; I spot a guy and I'm like "aww he's so cute" or I just keep stealing glances at him, before I say little mermaid, he already walks up to me and starts a conversation and the next thing, we exchange numbers, then we become friends, he reveals to me that he has a crush on me (of course I don't tell him I have a crush on him too), we talk a lot during the period and each time I see him or talk to him, I get huge butterflies in my stomach. Anyways the usual thing is that after a while the "butterflies in my stomach" disappear and the crush fizzles away. This is always the case, except when I have an "unrealistic" crush (celebrity crush).

Note, that I have grouped my crushes into two: my "unrealistic" crushes and my "realistic" crushes. The unrealistic crush is the kind of crush I have on Ryan Gosling, Jake Gyllenhaal, Russel Brand (my celebrity crushes) ;). They are unrealistic because I may never ever get to see them but I just enjoy fantasizing over them (you know Russel Brand has this funny accent and nonchalant attitude which I really like) shikena! The realistic crush on the other hand is the crush I have on the regular guy that I can see and is likely to notice me and eventually admit that he has a crush on me too. However, I once had this "realistic" crush. Let's call him my "stubborn crush" because the butterflies just won't fizzle away. Apparently we had been in the same gathering (may be school, church, neighbourhood, wherever it was...I'm not spilling :p)  since 1999, but I didn't spot him until 2007/ 2008 or there about and gosh he is such a good eye candy. Anyways this crush lasted for three years or a little more than three years. For the whole time I saw him during the period, I always had the usual butterfly feeling. I just wanted to know that he equally had a crush on me... at least that was good enough for me, we didn't even have to get close afterwards. But not noticing me was totally unbearable. So you can imagine how I felt when a mutual friend revealed to me one sunday after church sometime last year  that my "stubborn crush" told him that he had a crush on me...yaaay!!! FINALLY!!! I didn't even know that he knew I existed (you know... that feeling you have when your crush has a crush on u) :D. Anyways this time I decided to act fast, so I stretched out my hand of friendship and we kinda became friends yeah...but everything still remained the same :( I was a bit disappointed though, you know... I thought stuff would happen between us as usual. Well nothing changed except that we are now friends of some sort. So I'm suspecting one of two things happened...its either my friend lied about my "stubborn crush" saying he was crushing on me, or my stubborn crush actually did have a crush on me, but the crush fizzled away along the line...well whatever it is/was, I choose to go with the second option..LOL.

I'm used to guys I crush on, crushing on me in return, since my "stubborn crush" wouldn't crush on me, I made up my mind to brush off the crush. It took some weeks though but it wasn't very difficult to get over him because I haven't seen him in a while (about 4 months) and yes I'm so over my stubborn crush now *dancing alanta*. But because I'm over him now, doesn't mean that I have totally forgotten about him. So in the event that he reveals that he had or still has a crush on me, then I'll know where to take it from there, but until then I remain so over him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment